DISTURBING CONTENT WARNING: Illegal accused of killing Georgia grandmother faces new disturbing charges

The illegal immigrant accused of killing an Atlanta-area grandmother has been indicted and now faces additional disturbing charges related to the brutal murder.

The Department of Homeland Security, led by Kristi Noem, told Fox News that Sagastume-Rivas entered the United States illegally on March 17, 2021, and was arrested by the U.S. Border Patrol. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon/Cobb County Police Department)

Authorities say Sagastume-Rivas choked Williams until she was unconscious and then put his knees on her neck and used his full body weight to kill her. Williams was later found in the bushes of a neighborhood yard in Marietta, a popular Atlanta suburb.

The new charges were released in an indictment published last Friday.  

According to the woman’s family, she had been worried about being followed in the days leading up to her murder.

Her family is now left shocked and devastated by the killing.

Speaking with Fox News, the victim’s brother, Arsene Williams said: "[We] just have problems with people in this country that are murderers, rapists, abusers… we don’t need that over here, we’ve already got enough of that in our own society."

BLUE STATE LEADER SOUNDS ALARM ABOUT 'PERFECT STORM' OF DEM IMMIGRATION POLICIES DECIMATING PUBLIC SAFETY

Minister of Justice and Public Security Héctor Villatoro accompanies Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem during a tour of the Terrorist Confinement Center in Tecoluca, El Salvador, Wednesday, March 26, 2025. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem has denounced the Biden administration for enabling the "gruesome attack."

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

"This illegal alien should have never been in our country in the first place," said Noem. "President Trump and I are putting the safety of Americans FIRST."

Peter Pinedo is a politics writer for Fox News Digital.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/content-warning-illegal-accused-killing-georgia-grandmother-faces-new-disturbing-charges