The Trump Department of Justice took a victory lap for its D.C. task force notching its 10,000 arrest since August 2025. (Joe Raedle/Getty Images)
Trump signed the Making the District of Columbia Safe and Beautiful executive order in March 2025, which established a task force. U.S. Marshals Service Director Gadyaces S. Serralta leads the law enforcement partnership of the task force that brings together 3,100 personnel from 28 agencies to carry out the crime crackdown in the city.
Trump took a hard line against a spate of high-profile attacks and killings that unfolded in the city earlier in 2025, which followed the District reeling from sky-high crime trends from the COVID-19 pandemic era, including a disturbing wave of young adults carrying out violent crimes such as armed carjackings.
Now, crime has fallen as the administration champions Trump's law and order crackdown.
All in, murders in the district have fallen by 68% compared to the same time period in 2025, robberies by 47%, sexual abuse down by 64%, and violent crime across the board is down by 31%, according to data provided to Fox News Digital.
The task force notably recovered or located 19 missing children amid the crackdown.
The "era of unchecked violence is over," U.S. Attorney Jeanine Pirro said in a statement to Fox News Digital.
"President Trump’s decisive no-nonsense strategy to restore law and order, the federal surge of law enforcement resources, combined with aggressive prosecution of violent offenders, is delivering real, measurable results," Pirro said. "I came here to fight street crime in the nation’s capital and since then homicides have fallen to historic lows, and violent crime has dropped dramatically. Those who prey on our communities are being arrested, prosecuted, and convicted."
Members of DEA patrol on M Street in Georgetown on August 13, 2025 in Washington, DC. (Alex Wong/Getty Images)
Other arrests include the apprehension of Alvin Young, 47, who was charged with first-degree murder while armed following a fatal shooting in March 2022. There also was the December 2025 arrest of a man named Christopher Watts, who had a warrant out of Florida for cruelty toward a child, promoting sexual performance and solicitation of a child via computer, Fox News Digital learned.
WHITE HOUSE SAYS MURDER RATE PLUMMETED TO LOWEST LEVEL SINCE 1900 UNDER TRUMP ADMINISTRATION
Another man, Richard Brown, was arrested earlier in February for a lengthy list of alleged offenses, including possession of a machine gun, carrying a pistol without a license, possession of an unregistered firearm and ammunition, possession of a large capacity feeding device, unauthorized use of a vehicle, two counts of receiving stolen property, unlawful entry of a vehicle, fleeing from a law enforcement officer in a vehicle and reckless driving, Fox News Digital learned. Brown fled task force members during a routine traffic stop, drove to Maryland while being pursued and jumped out of his car before he was ultimately nabbed by officials, according to details on the task force.
Members of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and police patrol near Navy Yard in Washington, D.C., U.S., August 14, 2025. (REUTERS/Jose Luis Gonzalez)
Removing 1,000 guns from the violent offenders "is not symbolic, it is decisive action to restore law and order in our nation’s capital," Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives Deputy Director Rob Cekada told Fox News Digital.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
"President Trump made it clear that Washington, D.C. will not be surrendered to criminals, and ATF is fully committed to relentlessly pursuing those who traffic, possess, and use illegal firearms," Cekada said. "10,000 arrests are just the beginning. We will continue to dismantle violent networks and ensure the safety of everyone who lives, works, and visits here."
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trumps-no-nonsense-dc-crackdown-tops-10k-arrests-doj-declares-era-unchecked-violence-over